Screening and appeals process for institutions not meeting eligibility criteria
QS has a criteria for inclusion in each of its rankings. QS conducts periodic reviews into the eligibility of each institution.
- QS conducts periodic reviews into eligibility.
- Any third party may also flag a concern about eligibility with QS by submitting a ticket via Submit Ticket
- If QS, or a third-party, flags a potentially ineligible institution the Eligibility Review Process is initiated.
Eligibility Review Process
- An internal review is made by a member of the QS team by evaluating publicly available information about the institution online
- A second member of the QS team conducts a second review by evaluating publicly available information about the institution online
- If the two reviewers cannot agree, it is escalated to the QS Rankings Manager for a decision
- Institution informed of the decision via email
Eligibility Appeals Process
- Any institution may appeal the decision to exclude them from a ranking for not meeting the eligibility criteria. The appeal and any supporting information must be done in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject to clause 6 of the appeals process (below), the appeal is referred to the independent QS Rankings Academic Advisory Board (Advisory Board).
- A subset of the Advisory Board will review the information provided in the appeal and determine whether, in its opinion, the institution meets the eligibility criteria.
- Institution is informed of the decision via email.
- Action taken to include or exclude the institution based on the Advisory Board decision.
- The decision of the Advisory Board is final. Unless new and substantive evidence is presented, a decision will not be reconsidered.